Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner
CCRP Level 1 + 2 Fast Track: 9 - 17 October 2012, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, (course held in English)
Organizers: The University of Tennessee & Schloss-Seminar
This program is a sequence of postgraduate courses for veterinarians, physical therapists, technicians, followed by a supervised clinical experience and a cumulative examination. The courses are designed to guide the practitioner through the theoretical foundations to the clinical applications of canine rehabilitation. Functional anatomy and performance physiology. Immobilization and remobilization. Rehabilitation techniques like:
• Thermotherapy / Therapeutic Ultrasound
• Electrotherapy / TENS
• Active Exercises including hydrotherapy
• Passive Range Of Motion exercises (PROM)
Managing the patient with osteoarthritis. Designing and implementing rehab programs.
Our goal is to educate professionals who share a common interest in helping animals recover from illness and/or injury, and to help animals to live life to the fullest with minimal pain and discomfort.
We are an institution of professional higher learning where you, your learning, and your needs are the focus.
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
• Much faster postoperative rehabilitation
• Effective conservative treatment of orthopedic and neurological diseases
• Effective pain management
• Management of sport dogs and working dogs
• Improved customer satisfaction.Special features of this course
• Instructors are the leaders in veterinary rehabilitation and have written the most important books and scientific literature regarding rehabilitation and physical medicine.
• Effective knowledge transfer in a compact seminar instead of a two-year program
• Extensive hands-on training
• Small group sizes for effective learning
• Evidence-based medicine approach
Darryl Millis / Univ. Tennessee, USA
David Levine / Univ. Tennessee, USA
Denis Marcelin-Little / Univ. Raleigh NC, USA
Barbara Bockstahler / Univ. Vienna, Austria
Sabine Mai / Gföhl, Austria
Pia Gustås / Univ. Uppsala (SLU), Sweden
Kjerstin Pettersson / Univ. Uppsala (SLU), Sweden
Karine Le Bleis / Fregis Paris, France
Lowri Davies / Swansea, UK
Renata Diniz / Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Sign up for the course here