Everyone needs mental challenges – including your dog!
See our brochure and videos with different tasks:
The BUSTER ActivityMat is a new innovative activity toy for dogs. ActivityMat allows the dog and the owner to work interactively and to challenge and stimulate the dog mentally at the same time.
The basic BUSTER ActivityMat has 35 press-studs placed 35 cm apart. You can attach different tasks to the mat, most of them with varying levels of difficulty depending on whether you fold the tasks or leave them open.
The mat fits one or more tasks at the same time. The design allows for a number of combinations so your dog will never be bored with the ActivityMat.
BUSTER ActivityMat is sold as a starter kit with a mat, a practical carrier bag and 3 activities:
- 1 water lilly, 1 envelope and 1 cone cloth. (Cat. No 274337)
The mat and the bag can also be bought individually to have the possibility of putting together your own kit.
Good to know
• Dogs are different. Some dogs choose to use their paws a lot, others use their snout. Accept the way your dog chooses to solve the tasks
• It is important that the dog is experiencing success when working with the ActivityMat. Give the dog the help it needs, without taking the initiative from it
• If the dog does not know what to do, it is a good idea to give it a treat just for touching the ActivityMat or the task
• If the dog is too eager, it might be a good idea to let it eat first. However, if it is less interested, it might be an advantage that it is hungry when it is presented to the ActivityMat – choose what feels right for your dog
• Remember that the process is most important and not how fast the dogs solves the tasks
• The dog must not be left unattended with the ActivityMat
• Use a start command when the dog is about to work with the ActivityMat
• Let, at first, the dog see that you put treats in the activities
• Avoid over-stimulation, work max. 15 minutes at a time, but preferably several times a day
• Always finish the work with thte activity mat while the dos is successful.
Tasks for ActivityMat
*The level indications are for guidance only; the degree of difficulty varies according to whether or not the dog is used to work with solution-focused tasks.